AUTHENTIC INGREDIENTS Great Taste
Coyote Gold® All Natural Margaritas are handcrafted using authentic, all-natural ingredients. We start with Premium Tequila distilled from the Blue Weber Agave and imported from Mexico. We blend in our own handcrafted orange liqueur, pure fruit juice, pure cane sugar, and all natural citrus flavors. No artificial ingredients. No artificial colors. And Coyote Gold® Margaritas contain no gluten.
WHY COYOTE GOLD® IS BETTER
Margarita lovers agree: The Coyote Gold® All Natural Margarita stands apart from all other ready-to-serve and the vast majority of restaurant margaritas. Coyote Gold’s smooth, refreshing taste, natural golden color, and rich tequila warmth is derived from the use of authentic and all natural ingredients.
Authentic margaritas are made with tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Authentic margaritas just taste better. Due to the higher cost of authentic ingredients other suppliers of ready-to-serve margaritas substitute with lessor ingredients or chemical concoctions derived in their laboratories. These manufacturers will also cut costs and sacrifice taste with the use of artificial ingredients and colors, and high fructose corn syrup.
In our experience 97% of all restaurant and bar margaritas are not just bad, they are horrible. These horrible margaritas are either too sweet, too sour or too strong and taste like gasoline. Many restaurants and bars use cheap tequila and stomach-wrenching sweet and sour. To add insult to injury they charge you $6.00 a drink (not including tip and tax) then an extra $2.00 or more to add a premium tequila. These margaritas usually result in a stomachache the same day or a huge headache the next day.
We love great margaritas and were disappointed by the lack of a great tasting margaritas in liquor stores and the vast majority of restaurants and bars. So we developed our own using only authentic and all natural ingredients. Now, Coyote Gold® Margaritas are considered to be the best margaritas available by many across the country.
OUR CRITERIA FOR A GREAT MARGARITA
- Color: A margarita should be the color of its natural ingredients, NOT the result of artificially-manufactured coloring agents. Quality margaritas are not bright green or fluorescent yellow. If so, the manufacturer is trying to hide low quality ingredients or fillers.
- Aroma: When you open a bottle of Coyote Gold All Natural Margarita please take a moment to savor its aroma. You will enjoy the pleasant balance of the natural scents of tequila, orange liqueur, and citrus.
- Legs or Fingers: People often swirl a glass of wine and check for the legs or fingers to form down the side of the glass. Tequila lovers do this too and measure the quality of the tequila by how long it takes for the legs to form. The presence of the legs/fingers are indicators of quality and the alcohol content of the drink. The Coyote Gold All Natural Margarita is the only ready to serve margarita that we have found that presents Legs/Fingers when swirled in a glass.
- Taste: While this would seem obvious, most manufacturers of ready-to-serve margaritas and bar/restaurant margaritas just don’t get it or just don’t care. At Coyote Gold Margaritas our mission is to “Liberate You from Bland Margaritas” by providing the best-tasting margarita available.
- Resonance and Linger: We love it when a drink not only tastes great but then as the drink moves to the back of the mouth the taste and aroma linger in the mouth and resonate in the sinuses. Make sure you sip your Coyote Gold Margarita slowly enough to enjoy the linger and resonance. Resonance and linger are especially prominent when enjoying Coyote Gold straight up.
- Stand Up to Ice: “The end of a margarita to be so good that people want to suck the last drop out of the ice,” explains co-creator of the Coyote Gold All Natural Margarita, Maureen “Mo” Schaffer. In our opinion it is important that a margarita taste great on the first sip, halfway through the drink, and all the way to the very last drop. In order to accomplish this, a margarita must be able to “stand up to” the ice: As the ice melts into the drink, the margarita must continue to taste great. Coyote Gold All Natural Margaritas accomplish this with the perfect balance of ingredients.
HANDCRAFTED orange liqueur
The next essential ingredient for a great margarita is orange liqueur, which contributes not only to taste but also to the aroma and to a pleasant mouth feel. We handcraft our own orange liqueur by blending the natural flavor of oranges, juice, and pure cane sugar (no high fructose corn syrup in Coyote Gold®) with a fine American grain spirit that has been distilled five times. Just as the tequila must “play well with others,” the orange liqueur must be a good “supporting actor” by providing additional alcohol content, a hint of orange, and a pleasant mouth feel. A good orange liqueur is also required to help the margarita stand up to ice so that your margarita tastes great to the last drop.
You may be asking, “Water? I didn’t think water was an ingredient in margaritas.” When you make a margarita at home or buy one at a bar, the tequila and orange liqueur, purchased at retail, already contain water. At the distillery, tequila is distilled until it reaches 55% alcohol, or 110 proof. Water is added by the bottler to reduce the alcohol content to 40% (80 proof) for retail sales. For Coyote Gold All Natural Margaritas, we purchase thousands of gallons of bulk tequila at 110 proof straight from the distillery, and the American grain spirit used in our orange liqueur is nearly twice the proof of our final liqueur. Who knows where the water used in store-bought tequilas comes from? Somewhere in Mexico, or a big metropolitan water district using well water that tastes like, well…, well water. We use better water! Our production facility is located in Fort Collins, Colorado where ALL our water comes from the pristine Rocky Mountains. Rocky Mountain water is consistently recognized as the best water in the United States, and possibly the world. Water makes a difference. Crisp, clear, pure Rocky Mountain water allows your thirsty taste buds to savor the true taste of Coyote Gold.
MOUTHWATERING LIME JUICE
We are often asked what is the secret behind the silky smooth, yet refreshing, nature of Coyote Gold All Natural Margaritas. As you know from reading about the tequila and orange liqueur, there’s not just one secret ingredient that makes a margarita great, but several high-quality ingredients “playing well together.” If there is a secret to Coyote Gold All Natural Margaritas, perhaps it’s the mouthwatering lime juice which provides a hint of tartness to balance the sweetness of the orange liqueur while enhancing the taste of tequila.